Sunday, January 4, 2009

It is time................Boston '09

It is your lucky day, I've signed up for the Boston Marathon again and thus will be posting my weekly mileage in order to hold myself accountable. Something about -5 degrees outside makes it hard for me to get my butt out of bed. But since I have to report my mileage, I'm miraculously able to get up and get moving.

So this week was a doosy. I wouldn't say I'm out of shape, but by no means am I in marathon shape. The first part of the week was a lot of tempo and marathon goal pace. I can run far, but I can't run fast. I'm still trying to decide what kind of a time I want to go this year, seeing as the hills nearly killed me last year even though I think I was in my best shape. Part of me wants to just have fun and not care about a time, but the real me comes out and feels the need to PR. A nice fast PR would be nice before I transition in to triathlons. But that won't be for a bit.
I digress, my total mileage for this week was........35 miles. I'm also doing a new training program from Runner's World instead of the Boston training plan that I usually do.
I posted this picture so that you could look forward to more awful looking pictures of me after suffering for 26.2 miles. yowza. Maybe I should make my avatar "Runner Chick". I totally look like this, all 5'3" of me.

10 comments:

Kalli said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I have a Nikon D40. My brother-in-law, who is an avid photographer, told me that the lens is what makes the camera, not the actual camera. So you don't have to spend a fortune on the camera body, but spend your money on incredibly expensive lenses. Some more of my photos are posted at photographyexplored.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Danielle said...

Good luck with marathon training! I need to sign up for some races. I'm thinking half marathon in the spring.

the lunch lady said...

love the avatar. it looks just like you -- except the hair color

Paige said...

Yeah! Go, Kate!

Erin said...

way to go! You're amazing.

JoSue said...

You're my hero in that fact that you're able to stand in this picture after running 26 miles. No biggie right? Good luck girl!

Keith and Nicci said...

You go, girl:)

Jobi Niu said...

YOU GO GIRL! That is so awesome. That last picture is funny.. Good Luck training!

Christa and Rob said...

Does this mean that we Bostonians will be graced with another visit from the Weavers?? Hooray! Run, Kate, Run!
ps I'll put in a good word for you with the crazy Boston weather gods...

Violet said...

Ha! I love the little avatar!! She's cute.

Good luck with training!